This is a wonderful school that is very family oriented. Parents log in thousands of volunteer hours each year for this very community focused school. A new playscape was provided by the Parent Teacher Organization. The school has a highly educated staff and are an "A" school by the Michigan School Report Card System.
A recent bond issue helped the district to remodel the school. There is a new office, windows, doors, lighting, wiring and education related tools. The school received new lockers, cabinetry and a presentation system. The security was also beefed up. The only way to get into the building is through the office. Video surveillance is on its way, as well. The system will monitor every door. The school is also a center based program for the hearing impaired.
- Fax: 734-692-6354
- Hours: School hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 3:30pm.
- Handicap Accessible: One-story building and bathrooms
- Founding Date: 1955
- Number of students: 570
- Male-to-female ratio: half and half
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 93
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by Advance Ed.
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 26-to-1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 30
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Parents keep the school immersed in the community.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Kindergarten through fifth grades.
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Boy scouts and brownies.
- Sports teams: Sports teams are affiliated with the city's Parks and Recreation Department.
- Student clubs: Ecology club, Learn to Earn.