Grosse Ile Market Place
Summer is the best time to visit this little nursery, when the shelves are full of well-cared for annuals and perennials and the display gardens are in full bloom. Fall offers mums, haybales and cornstalks; winter brings holiday trees and decorations. No matter what time of year you arrive, someone greets you and is ready to help you find what you're looking for, offer advice about the perfect plant for the spot you have or allow you to browse at your leisure. After you've made your choices, they insist on helping you carry them to your car.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 7pm; Sat, 9am - 6pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Parking lot and nursery grounds are all on one level. Gravel and mulched paths enhance access.
- Founding Date: 2000
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Trees, shrubs, annuals and perennials, fresh produce in the summer, specialty pet foods, garden ornaments, Christmas trees and holiday decorations, firewood, mulch, snowplowing, lawn care
- Services: Delivery
- Return policy: Plant materials are guaranteed for one year.
- ATM: No
- Public restrooms: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- What tips would you give to new gardeners?: You can never add enough compost to your garden beds. It improves both clay and sand soils and acts as a natural fertilizer for your plants.
- Services (nurseries, gardening): Planting