Elizabeth Park is the oldest unit of the Wayne County Park System and is located on the Detroit River. The park is 162 acres formerly owned by the Slocum family, who donated the land in 1919. The park is valued at more than $1 million. A three-lane concrete road winds completely around the park allowing for optimum people and animal watching and parking at different park attractions. Some attractions include extensive playscapes for children, field stoves, picnic tables and a skate park for skateboarding and inline skating.
- Fax: 734-261-3994
- Hours: Dawn to dusk.
- Handicap Accessible: Parking spaces and ramps are available.
- Founding Date: 1919
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Are there any interesting facts about this location?: The park was donated by the Slocum family in 1919.
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Boat dock, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Food/drink, Restrooms
- Permit requirements: Permits required for certain events.
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No fires
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 162 acres