Boyd W. Arthurs Middle School
The staff at the middle school has implemented a very creative schedule that allows for 53 new classes for students to take without costing the district any additional money. Students now have more physical education or band time, depending on their choices.
The school has a strong focus on athletics for all four seasons. All students that try out for the football, track and swimming teams, to name a few, will be selected to play. The culture at the middle school is one where students can grow, and the staff is well trained in the issues facing middle school students on a daily basis.
- Fax: 734-676-7364
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 3pm
- Handicap Accessible: There are two elevators.
- Founding Date: 1970
- Number of students: 670
- Male-to-female ratio: 50:50
- Public/Private: Public
- Religious affiliation: None
- Acceptance rate (%): 100
- Graduation rate (%): 95
- Accreditation/licenses: 678
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 45
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school offers elective courses that pertain to community service and leadership. A program called Arthur's Closet helps those in need to get clothing.
- What makes this community special?: The schools participate fully with the community.
- Grade levels: Sixth - Eighth
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Band
- Student clubs: Arthur's Closet
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, swimming, cheerleading, track