The second day of the Trenton Mid-Summer Festival can feel even more overwhelming than day one. There are hundreds of things to do and see and only so many hours to experience everything.
That's why Trenton Patch has complied a list of all the main attractions for each day of the weekend-long festival. This is day two.
Saturday, July 14
- An information booth is located on the corner of St. Joseph Street and West Jefferson Avenue
Here are a some lists of entertainment, booths and activities we highlighted to keep you from missing all the good stuff.
Main Stage Entertainment
- Lisa's Dance Factory noon to 2 p.m.
- Jimmy Auguier from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- AOA from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Remidy from 5 to 7 p.m.
- Boogie Dynamite from 8 to 11 p.m.
- Jimmy Auguier from 8 to 11 p.m.
Former Detroit Red Wings Autograph signing
Former Detroit Red Wings, , will be at the booth located near the intersection of West Jefferson and St. Joseph Street to sign autographs.
Co-Ed Outdoor Volleyball Classic
Class B and C tournaments begin at 10 a.m. both Saturday and Sunday at Elizabeth Park near the concession stand.
Trenton Historical Museum
The Trenton Historical Commission invites you to tour the 1881 residence of John and Sarah Moore, which now houses the Trenton Historical Museum. Members of the Historical Commission will be on hand to share their knowledge of Trenton’s rich heritage.
While there, check-out the display of spanning each decade from 1900 through 1960. The Museum will host a and will be closed to the public from 2 to 3 p.m. Also, be sure to ask about their “Puzzle Pieces for Preservation” Campaign to raise funds to renovate the Museum.
The museum is located at the corner of St. Joseph and Third Streets. It will be open Saturday from noon to 5 p.m.
Can't Miss Local Booths (booth number corresponds with map found with this article)
- Patti Nevin Your Name in Song CD booth (235)
- Jill Howard Flower Child Herbs Soap Products (213)
- Hal Akershoek County Candle Factory Candles (231)
Just For Kids
- News-Herald Newspapers Kids' Korner with Children's Playmarket where kids can kids can create an array of arts & crafts, participate in activities, and win prizes. Kid's Korner can be found near the clock tower in Downtown Trenton and is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Trenton Fire Departement Open House where kids learn about fire safety and get a chance to handle a real fire hose. The fire station is located on the corner of West Jefferson Avenue and Maple Street and is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Diaper Derby, Toddler Trot & Candy Scramble
The Annual Mid-Summer Festival Diaper Derby and Toddler Trot for ages four and under begins at noon in the Kids' Korner.
- Bowdler's Concession Mexican Grill: nachos, burritos, chicken and steak hoagies and fajitas
- Bowdler's Concession Ice Cream: ice cream of many flavors
- Jack Bain Family Concessions: fresh squeezed lemonade.
- Del's Pizza: pizza, calzones, coke products
- Dobo's Concessions: steak, chicken, sausage, fajitas, Coke products, home brew and bottled water
- Huron Food Services: strudel, fruit shakes, coffee and lemonade slush
- Mike's Concessions: cotton candy, caramel corn, popcorn, caramel apples and chips, snow cones, Coke products and water
- Mike G's Concessions: elephant ears, pepperoni rolls, stuffed pizza, French bread pizza and Pepsi products
- Nick's Concessions: fresh cut french fries, butterfly chips, gyros, shish-ka-bob, chicken in a pita and Pepsi products
- Onassis Coney Island: Coney and kraut dogs, Italian sausage, chili, chili and cheese fries and Pepsi products
- Paradise Concessions: funnel cakes, corn dogs and Coke products
- Trenton Ice Cream Shoppe: blooming onions, Philly cheese steak and shaved ice
- Trenton Lion's Club: hot dogs, bratwurst, nachos, popcorn, Coke products, water and lemonade
- Unique Style Nuts: glazed roasted nuts, bagged chips, candy, bottled water, flavored water and iced tea
- Friends of the Friendless: beer
- Trenton Rotary Club: beer
Check back with Trenton Patch on Sunday for another Guide to the Trenton Mid-Summer Festival.