has grown from a local coach's modest idea in 2010 to a can't miss event that has .
While Nike provides Victory Day with support and recognition, the event is seeking sponsorship on a number of levels.
Last year, former University of Michigan football coach Lloyd Carr attended the event. Carr has already agreed to make the same commitment for this year's Victory Day.
Trenton teacher and football coach as a way to build character in his athletes, but the event has far exceeded his expectations.
Segedi's Victory Day committee called the one-day event "an afternoon of education, inspiration and fun on the gridiron for cognitively and physically impaired children in the Downriver area."
Several local businesses and organizations have already shown interest in sponsoring Victory Day.
There are five levels of sponsorship available requesting financial commitments from $20 up to $500 or more.
Each level offers more and more exposure for the sponsor at the event.
- The "Super Bowl" sponsorship is for donations of $500 or more and provides a company name or logo on a banner, 20-second announcement on loudspeaker during game, on-field photo with Segedi and Carr, certificate of appreciation, name/logo/link on www.victorydayfootball.com and name/logo in commemorative program.
- The "Touchdown" sponsorship is for donations of $250 and provides a company name/logo on banner, certificate of appreciation, name/logo/link on www.victorydayfootball.com and name/logo in commemorative program.
- The "Field Goal" sponsorship is $100 and provides a certificate of appreciation, name/logo/link on www.victorydayfootball.com and name listed in commemorative program.
- The "Safety" sponsorship is $50 and provides name listed in commemorative program and name/logo/link on www.victorydayfootball.com.
- The "Extra Point" sponsorship is $20 and provides name listed in commemorative program.
Victory Day is scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, September 15 at the football stadium.
Sponsorship deadline is June 18.
For more information or to seek a sponsorship contact Aaron Segedi by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 734-552-4654.