’s "Top Ten" graduating seniors were recognized at the regularly scheduled board of education meeting Monday night.
Students and parents filled the audience seats at the building, while Trenton High School principal Michael Doyle called on each student to be recognized by board members and receive certificates of their achievement.
The "Top Ten" students who were present said they were headed to a number of different schools and professions:
Trenton's "Top Ten" are:
- Tori Hart--University of Michigan Ann Arbor, undecided
- Tara Kurtzhals--College for Creative Studies, entertainment arts
- Madelyn Stover-Sash--Wayne State University, nursing
- Diamant Kurteshi--University of Michigan, engineering
- Victoria Vandenberg--not present
- Kathryn Davis--Western Michigan University, pre-med
- Emi Mitsusada-Boylan--Wayne State University, undecided
- Bogdan Mosincat--University of Michigan Dearborn, computer science and engineering
- Anthony Kryk--not present
- Elisa Obregon--Michigan State University, criminal justice
- Tim Reeber--University of Detroit Mercy, nursing
Board President said it was great to have a point of pride in the "Top Ten" students at Trenton Public Schools.
"The only thing I wish I could have done before they left was to have their parents stand up because a lot of it is their family backing," Hawkins said. "We appreciate all their families have done for them, too."
Look for Five Questions With Trenton High School's "Top Ten" students beginning this week on Trenton Patch.