Trenton school board members broke out the cake and juice for recent retirees from Monday night.
District officials celebrated the retirements for six employees with over 100 collective years of service in the district.
Though not all the retirees made it to the event, several of the retirees friends and family came to make the celebration even more special.
Board President Mike Hawkins announced each retiree and handed them a plaque in appreciation of their years of service.
The retirees were:
- Larry Gates, teacher: 28.5 years of service at Monguagon Middle School, Slocum-Truax Middle School, and .
- Dennis Baker: custodian, 9.5 years of service at and .
- Elizabeth Lamb: receptionist, accounts payable and secretary, 27 years of service at Trenton High School and central office.
- Shelley Casey: paraprofessional, 16 years of service at Arthurs Middle School, Hedke Elementary, Trenton High School, Owen Elementary School and special education.
- Nancy Dusincki: administrative assistant and paraprofessional, 21 years of service at Hedke Elementary School, Taylor Elementary School, Owne Elementary School and hearing imparied program.
- Susan Nelson: teacher consultant, 14 year of service at special education hearing impaired program.