"This is a great day in Trenton with all these "Top Ten" students...that's for sure," Mayor Kyle Stack said.
Stack and city council members honored ’s “Top Ten” students, of which there are 11, Monday night during the regularly scheduled city council meeting.
Students were called up to the front of council chambers, one-by-one, and asked to state their names and their future field of study in college.
The "Top Ten" students that made it to said they were headed to a number of different schools and professions:
Trenton's "Top Ten" are:
- Tori Hart--University of Michigan Ann Arbor, undecided
- Tara Kurtzhals--College for Creative Studies, entertainment arts
- Madelyn Stover-Sash--Wayne State University, nursing
- Diamant Kurteshi--University of Michigan, engineering
- Victoria Vandenberg--not present
- Kathryn Davis--Western Michigan University, pre-med
- Emi Mitsusada-Boylan--Wayne State University, undecided
- Bogdan Mosincat--not present
- Anthony Kryk--University of Michigan Ann Arbor, neuroscience
- Elisa Obregon--not present
- Timothy Reeber--University of Detroit Mercy, nursing
Students attended with parents and family members.
"We have to be so proud of these kids...this has been a great year for Trenton," Stack said. "I thank you all and I wish you well in your endeavors and come back and tell us what you did."