A 21-year-old man was hospitalized after having an allergic reaction after ingesting marijuana and food at about midnight Dec. 18 in the 24000 block of Meridian Road.
The man said he had recently eaten homemade chicken enchiladas and "had taken three hits of marijuana," before having an allergic reaction, according to a Grosse Ile police report.
The man told police his throat was swollen and he had a hard time breathing. He said he believed there was something in the food that triggered the reaction.
The officer asked the man where he got the marijuana and the man said he "had it," and did not know where he got it from, according to the same report.
Emergency personnel transported the man to Oakwood Southshore Medical Center for treatment. No charges were filed.
Contact editor Nate Stemen firstname.lastname@example.org for questions on police reports.