Basil's Buddies Pet Food Bank will be open the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 3 to 5:30 pm at the Woodhaven/Trenton Animal Shelter located at 21860 Van Horn Rd in Woodhaven starting September 12, 2012.
You will need to bring:
- Proof of your animals for which you are seeking assistance.
- A copy of your vet records or city license paperwork that also shows whether your animal is spayed or neutered.
- If your animals are not fixed, you will receive food one time until they have been spayed or neutered. We will provide you with low-cost options for spaying and neutering.
Please do not bring your animals to the food bank!
You will also need to show proof of low income or unemployment. You may bring any of the following:
- Check stub from unemployment, disability, or social security checks
- Bridge card or other type of public assistance card
- Last year's tax return showing that you meet the state or federal definition of low income
- You will also need to bring your driver's license or state identification card.
We also require that you volunteer with our organization once a month for four hours for every month that you receive assistance. We will provide you with a copy of our volunteer guidelines at the food bank. We will, of course, consider extenuating circumstances.