Expect plenty of paparazzi with cameras flashing as Santa Claus pays a visit to Grosse Ile Friday night. The man with the bag is expected to hang with islanders all night and into the weekend.
Santa's presence is just one reminder that the holiday season is upon us, which also means Island Glow is here.
Here's a list of Island Glow activities for Friday night, Saturday morning and beyond:
- Live music and entertainment at Macomb Commons from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Santa arrives by fire truck at 7 p.m.
- Residents are invited to take the Santa Stroll down Macomb Street at 7:10 p.m.
- The township tree lighting ceremony begins at 7:30 p.m. in front of Perdino's, 8575 Macomb St.
- Have brunch and get a picture with Santa before he heads back to the North Pole beginning at 11 a.m. at Centennial Farm, 25795 Third St. Each child will get a chance to sit with Santa for a photo opportunity. Parents are asked to bring their own cameras and video cameras. Advanced tickets only. Contact Recreation Director Timothy Rooney 734-675-2364 for tickets. Fees are $8 for guests ages three and older, $7 for each additional child and $3 for children under three.
- Starting Friday and going until Christmas there will be a mail box specifically for letters for Santa Claus located at Macomb Commons. Grosse Ile Township officials assure all letters will make their way to the North Pole, where Santa will read each one.