A shiny new sign sits atop a former Burger King location on West Road near the border of Woodhaven and Trenton.
The building is currently being transformed into a new Wild Coney and Grill location.
Wild Coney & Grill locations in Southgate, Riverview and Wayne serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and are open from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
An owner of the new restaurant could not be reached for a potential completion date.
Trenton-Grosse Ile Patch users had mixed feelings about the new business:
- michelle: Well, we may have quite a few coney places around but I do love coney places. :-) I have not tried them out yet.
- Stephanie Keffer: Healthy food options are something this area desperately needs, like pronto.
- Tracy Loger: While I am happy to see a vacant building be occupied, I wish it were something other than a Coney Island. After all, as you said, there are already 2 very close to this one. I would much rather see a good Italian restaurant or something different from is already so close to home!! But......again, I am thankful somebody is trying to make something in an already built building instead of putting up another strip mall!!!!
- cscharlt: Gross. Another unhealthy unremarkable restaurant choice added to downriver. At least since it's a "coney" it'll run the typical "coney" business course and be gone in 5 years. I echo the sentiments of Rick and Kathye that some sort of deli-style sandwich shop or alternative would bring much better variety to downriver.
- jeanne: i would love to see a Bahama breeze come our way, and a Qdoba or Chipotle.