Starting a new academic year, although it may be at a familiar school, can cause anxiety.
Ease away those worries by visiting Trenton Schools' open houses. Meet your child's teacher, connect with other parents and learn how you can get involved in your child's education.
Here's a list of five things to know about the Trenton Schools' open houses:
1. The Trenton High School open house is set for 7 to 8 p.m. Sept. 10 at the high school; Anderson and Hedke elementary schools' open houses are 6:30 p.m. Sept. 11 for grades 3, 4 and 5 and 7:20 p.m. for kindergarten, first and second grades; Arthurs Middle School's open house is set for 6 p.m. Sept. 12.
2. The annual report, which includes key information about the 2013-14 school year education process, is set to begin at 6:30 p.m. at the high school and at 7 p.m. at Hedke and Anderson.
3. Parents can meet and greet their child's teachers and administrators,and connect with other parents.
4. There will be two 30-minute presentations on positive behavior support at Arthurs Middle School at 6 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 12.
5. Parents can learn how you can get involved in their child's education.