Trenton Police See Recent Increase in DUI Arrests
Statistics pulled from CrimeMapping.com show an influx of driving under the influence arrests over the last two months.
For the Trenton Police Department, the month of October has shown a significant increase in driving under the influence (DUI) arrests.
The number of DUI arrests has nearly doubled from September to October. According to CrimeMapping.com, there were seven DUI arrests in September and 13 so far in October.
Trenton Police Chief Jim Nardone credits a larger staff for the increase in arrests.The Trenton Police Department has hired two new experienced officers since August.
"We've added resources to the road patrol with our additional hires and they are doing a good job," Nardone said.
Nardone said people going out to celebrate Halloween should not drink and drive.
"Drunken driving is a decision and we hope people do not drive after they've been drinking," Nardone said.
Here's a list of dates, times and locations where DUI arrests were made in September:
- 9:37 p.m. Sept. 1 at Fort Street and Marian Drive
- 11:35 p.m. Sept. 5 at Fort Street and Van Horn Road
- 8:11 a.m. Sept. 11 at Jefferson Ave. and Third Street
- 10:15 p.m. Sept. 14 in the 5300 block of Lathrop Road
- 3:44 a.m. Sept. 16 at Jefferson Avenue and Toledo Road
- 11:25 p.m. Sept. 22 at Jefferson Avenue and Van Horn Road
- 4:26 p.m. Sept. 30 at Monticello Drive and Fort Street
Here's a list of dates, times and locations where DUI arrests were made in October:
- 8:24 p.m. Oct. 23 at Jefferson Avenue and Sibley Road
- 2:20 a.m. Oct. 20 at Harrison Avenue and Harbor Boulevard
- 1:37 a.m. Oct. 21 at Fort Street and Monticello Street
- 4:10 a.m. Oct 17 at Longmeadow Road and Pinetree Road
- 11:35 p.m. Oct. 4 at Riverside Drive and St. Joseph Avenue
- 12:29 a.m. Oct. 14 in the 1600 block of West Road
- 9:08 p.m. Oct. 12 at West Road and Fort Street
- 1:07 a.m. Oct. 13 at Grange Road and West Road
- 12 p.m. Oct. 7 in the 3300 block of Grange Road
- 11:41 p.m. Oct. 10 at Fort Street and Van Horn
- 2:25 a.m. Oct. 21 at Fort Street and Van Horn
- 2:29 a.m. Oct. 22 at Fort Street and Marian Drive
- 8:22 a.m. Oct. 4 at Lathrop Avenue and Van Horn Road