Hedke Earth Day Bags to be Given Away at Trentwood Farms in Trenton
The winners of the Earth Day Bag contest at Hedke Elementary were selected and the bags move on to phase two--reuse.
Now that phase one is complete, Richard C. Hedke Elementary School students are sending decorated paper bags to Trentonwood Farms to initiate phase two--reuse.
Students kindergarten to fifth grade participated in a contest in which each student decorated a paper bag donated by Trentonwood Farms. Children drew pictures on the bags in an effort to win the grand prize; a basket filled with candy and two tickets to see The Lorax at Emagine Theaters in Woodhaven.
The winners of the contest were selected Thursday afternoon, and the bags are being sent back to Trentonwood Farms to be given out to customers on Earth Day, April 22.
There were 19 winners; three from each grade level and one honorable mention.
The winners by grade are:
- Fifth grade: 1st place and grand-prize winner Hailey Konarske, 2nd place Nichole Collinsa and 3rd place Madison Kell.
- Fourth Grade: 1st place Avery DeSana, 2nd place Breanna Crum and 3rd place Chris LaVigne.
- Third Grade: 1st place Sydney Anderson, 2nd place Luke Riney and 3rd place Marisol Alcantar.
- Second Grade: 1st place Alexis Walsh, 2nd place Giovanni Garofali and 3rd place Gavin Witt.
- First grade: 1st place Breonna Sargent, 2nd place Jessica Cooper and 3rd place Ava Holt.
- Kindergarten: 1st place Joshua Tittle, 2nd place Alicia Spittler, 3rd place Meredeth Johnson and honorable mention Ava Cheff.