Flu season is coming early in parts of the United States, including Michigan, where activity is considered high now, while it was low at this time in 2011, according to Flu Trends.
If you're considering getting a flu shot, here are some Trenton locations that offer the vaccine:
- Walgreens, 1700 West Road
- CVS, 1625 King Road
- Rite Aid, 19016 Fort Street
- West Grange Pharmacy, 3390 West Road
There are no locations on Grosse Ile that offer flu shots, according to the HealthMap Vaccine Finder.
According to this week's CDC Flu activity report, influenza levels are on the increase across the country.
Five states – Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee – are reporting flu rates not normally seen until January, according to the Centers for Disease Control. The flu season normally peaks in January and February.
Holiday travel and more time spent indoors due to soggy weather will contribute to the spread of the flu virus, so now is the time to get vaccinated.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers the following information:
- Who should get vaccinated
- When to get vaccinated
- Selecting a flu vaccine
- Symptoms, complications and severity
- Treatment if you get the flu
- How flu spreads
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Popular 90s Sitcom Inspired Name of Coffee House Coming to Trenton
- 10 People Running for 3 Trenton Council Seats
- Angelina Jolie and Kevin Dietz Spur Local Headlines and More in Patch's Local Voices
- New Homes for Sale in Trenton, Grosse Ile This Week
- Trenton's Machnacki Will Play College Basketball at Adrian