Stuff You Need to Know: July 14
Here are a few things to help you get your day started right.
Good morning Trenton. Here's a rundown of what you need to know today.
- So long suppressive heat, hello perfect day. The National Weather Service is calling for a mostly sunny day with a high near 80 degrees.
- In recognition of Trenton's rich hockey traditions, we bring you the Hockey Term of the Day: clearing the zone, when a defending player sends the puck out of the opponent's attacking zone, all the attacking players must leave or clear the zone to avoid being called offsides when the puck reenters the zone.
- Have you registered for the Trenton City-Wide Garage Sale? The time to find those impossible bargains has returned. Registration forms can be found at the Trenton Parks and Recreation Department at City Hall. The garage sale is set for August 20 from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. A $10 fee gives you cable and newspaper advertising, garage sale signs, balloons, and puts your address on the city-wide garage sale map. Deadline to register is August 12 before 5 p.m. For more information call 734-675-7300.
- We want you to write a review of the new Harry Potter movie on Friday by commenting on Trenton Patch or the Trenton Patch Facebook page.
- Where is your favorite place in Trenton to get a burger? Check out Patch's Picks and see if our selections measure up to yours.