Rash of Backyard Break-Ins on One Night in Trenton
The following information was supplied by the Trenton Police Department. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Five residents reported their sheds were broken into on Nov. 24. The residents all reported the incidents happened on Brookshire Street and Palmetto Court in Trenton.
- A 61-year-old man reported someone broke into his shed between 6 p.m. Nov. 23 and midnight Nov. 24 in the 3800 block of Brookshire. While nothing appeared to be missing, the man told police he saw two white males cut through a fence on the north side of the Bristol Hills apartment complex. He said the men were carrying a lawnmower, a chainsaw and a grill. The man followed the men in his car after they loaded the items into a black car, but lost them because they were traveling at a high rate of speed, according to a Trenton police report. The man gave police the license plate number of the car he was following.
- A 61-year-old woman reported someone broke into her shed at about 11 a.m. Nov. 24 in the 3800 block of Brookshire. The woman did not find anything missing. She told Trenton police someone stole her snow blower last year and now chain the shed from the inside.
- Police responded to a call from a 65-year-old man who said that his shed was broken into at about 3 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 3100 block of Palmetto Court. He told police he heard a noise, possibly, in the backyard at about 2:30 a.m. and later discovered his shed was open. The lock was removed from the door and the shed was open, but nothing appeared to be missing, according to a Trenton police report.
- A 36-year-old woman reported someone broke into her two sheds at about 4:45 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 3100 block of Palmetto Court. Police said a pad lock was cut off one of the sheds and a plastic strap was torn off the other. Police said the sheds were entered, but only the lock appeared to be missing.
- Police responded to a call from a 56-year-old man who said his shed was broken into at about 9:30 a.m. Nov. 24 in the 3100 block of Brookshire. The man said someone cut off the lock on his shed sometime in the previous two days. Nothing was reported missing out of the shed.