Kindergarten Round Ups for Trenton, Grosse Ile Schools
Trenton Public Schools and Grosse Ile Township Schools are hosting meetings for parents of children who will be 5 by Nov. 1.
Provided your children make the new cut-off date for kindergarten enrollment, the next step is checking out what's available.
Trenton Public Schools and Grosse Ile Township Schools are holding kindergarten orientations and kindergarten round ups in February and March for children who will be five years old on or before Nov. 1, 2013.
Trenton Public Schools
Trenton Public Schools is holding an orientation and registration day to familiarize parents with Trenton's full-day kindergarten program and school services, as well as to submit the required registration materials.
Trenton High School students will provide special activities for the incoming kindergartners during the orientation.
- Hedke Elementary School orientation and registration is set for 6 to 7 p.m. on Feb. 26.
- Anderson Elementary School orientation and registration is set for 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Feb. 28.
Grosse Ile Township Schools
- Kindergarten round up at Parke Lane Elementary, 21610 Parke Lane, is set for two sessions for all 2013-14 incoming kindergarten students, with the first session starting at 9 a.m. and the second at 12:30 p.m. on March 20.
Grosse Ile residents can register for the round up at the administrative office, 23276 E River Rd, or by calling 734-362-2580. An enrollment packet needed for the round up is available at the office.
Here are the documents required at registration for both districts:
- Original birth certificate issued by a city, county or state entity
- Immunization record, including a vision check
- Three proofs of residency
- One must be a current Michigan driver’s license or Michigan identification card
- Along with two additional proofs, which could be two different utility bills, a mortgage or lease agreement, a pay stub, etc.
Anyone with questions can call Trenton Public Schools 734-676-8600 or Grosse Ile Township Schools 734-362-2555.