So often a success for Chrysler is, in turn, a success for Trenton with the Trenton Engine Plant pumping out Petastar engines for a number of Chrysler vehicles.
Sales are up 20 percent for Chrysler Group LLC across the board including the best June sales in five years, according to a Chrysler release.
There are a number of successes that helped Chrysler get to their 27th consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains including:
- Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck, and FIAT brands each post sales increases in June compared with same month a year ago
- FIAT brand sets sales record for fifth-consecutive month
- First-half FIAT brand sales surpass total sales in 2011
- Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan sets sales record for month of June
- Chrysler 300 flagship sedan posts lofty 179 percent increase; best June sales in five years
- Jeep Wrangler sales up 28 percent; sets all-time sales record
- Dodge Challenger muscle car sets sales record for month of June
With success comes growth
In case you missed it, Chrysler is hiring five positions at the Trenton Engine Plant. Each is a salaried position for assembly, engineering, maintenance and supply chain management.