Bring The World Home - Host a YFU Exchange Student
- Organization: Youth For Understanding
- Causes: Civic, Educational, Kids
- Date(s): Families needed to host students for the 2012-13 school year (students arriving in August) and also mentors needed for students after they arrive.
- Contact person: Kathi Moran
- Phone: 248-681-7650
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.yfuusa.org
Bring the world home by hosting a student from another country!
Youth for Understanding is a non-profit, volunteer-based organization which has been placing students in local communities for 61 years. YFU is currently looking for some families to welcome exchange students for the 2012-13 school year into their home.
Families provide a place to live, meals, common-sense parenting, love, and support. The students bring their own spending money and have good health insurance. Each of these kids is looking for a family living experience, something that helps them understand what it is like to be a teenager in America. They come ready to live as a family member and share family chores and responsibilities.
Call Kathi Moran at 248-681-7650 (Kmoran@yfu.org) to ask for more details on the boys and girls below, as well as many others. All kinds of families host from all ethnic and educational backgrounds, with and without children at home. Elementary and middle school host siblings are often the ones who benefit the most from learning about the culture of your exchange student.
Here are a few of the kids headed to communities locally – maybe yours?
- Charlotte from Germany – loves dance and also plays the violin and tennis, she’s an experienced older sister as well.
- Marco fro Argentina – loves basketball and video games – will only be here half a year (August to January)
- Lexi from Austria – Winter sports are her favorite, she skates and skis and loves to take pictures, she is also an experienced older sister.
- Raphael from Switzerland – a native French speaker, Raphael enjoys basketball, especially with his three brothers.
- Celine from Denmark – Busy Celine has written a cookbook, babysits, tutors, and does book reviews for her mother’s web business.
- Pontus from Sweden – likes hockey, soccer, and golf among other sports, he has excellent English
- Sophie-Pauline from Germany – Enjoys baseball, swimming and singing and plays the guitar. She is a scholarship winner as well.
- PLUS MORE
Call Kathi Moran at 248-681-7650 (email@example.com) for more information about hosting and for detailed profiles on these boys and girls.